"I woke up with a voice!"

Dear friends and family,

On July 4th, Marisa called me, as I was on an overnight trip with the kids, and said, "Do you hear this?!  I woke up with a voice!"  It is certainly not 100% but it is the strongest it has been since before her surgery in May.  We can even at times hear tones that sound like her regular voice.  

Click here to listen to Marisa's message to you.

The last time we were with the speech therapist and surgeon Marisa had a flicker of tone from her vocal folds.  At that point, we were surprised to hear that the vocal fold position that led to Marisa's phonation may also begin to further restrict her airway.  We are now celebrating this vocal improvement, and also eager for her next examination to learn what these changes mean.  At this point though, we are encouraged that Marisa's breathing seems to be remaining the same as her voice improves.

This week we will meet with the endocrinologist to map out phase two of treatment.  Next week we will meet again with the speech therapist.  We will keep you up-to-date.

Again, thank you for your prayers and support in so many ways!


Gratefully,

Matt & Marisa

Comments

  1. Oh wonders of wonders!!!!!! It was such a gift to me to hear the joy in your voice, Marisa!! I am sooo happy for you! I love you so much and continue to send you healing thoughts for continued progress!!!!!!! Your one and only, Auntie Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad to hear your voice. Thank You, God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord!! I pray for you all every morning before my feet hit the floor. I wake early morning and you are the first I think about!! This is wonderful and I will continue to pray for you through this journey. We Love You All!! Linda and family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! Thank you, LORD, for the way you are working! I continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Marisa, we share your joy at the return of your voice! How great is our God!! As the tissue continues to heal, surely normalcy will return. We love you and pray for you daily! Aunt Willa and Uncle Beav

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remission!

Today Is An Important Day

Today is a big day!